Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Jul 2010
no period while on the pill?
Is it normal to have a very light period, or no period at all while on the pill? I am on Yasmin and even though I am taking the inactive tablets in order to have a period? Should I finish taking the inactive tablets and continue to the new pack even though there was no period? Will it affect the reliability of the pill if I did not have a period?
This is normal and will not affect the reliability of the Pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Absa chair says 'clashes' led to sudden departure of bank's first black CEO
- Over 60s encouraged to get the flu vaccine before Covid-19 jab
- Qaanitah Hunter | Why does politics have to be the only solution?
- School bullying: Video of pupil-on-pupil violence at yet another Eastern Cape school surfaces
- Stark truth: This is bleakest phase for Proteas since unity
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20011 votes