Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Dec 2005
My friend has been suffering from irregular and pretty much non-existent Period cycles. She went to America about 2 yrs ago and while she was over there she was regular. She has been seeing a family Gynie who says its nothing, but this has been going on for years. When she came back from America she went to a dietition to lose and become health, since being on this diet her period cycle problems have started again- she has lost 3kg while on this health diet. She eats hardly any red meat- which concerns me. She has also asked me to recommend a new gynie but I don't go to one. She is not under or over weight and weights about 53/4kgs and is about 1,3m's tall (I think). She's now getting very worried and so am I.
Causes of irregular/non-existent periods include not ovulating, PCOS, thyroid problems, changes in weight or exercise. She really needs to see a gynaecologist to sort this out. She can either ask her GP to refer her or ask one of her friends who they would rec ommend.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20023 votes