Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
27 Jan 2009
Norlevo emergency contraception
I have just been to my pharmacist and taken a morning after pill.Perhaps I was a bit too hasty..?I am 39, my partner is 42.I am in the 2nd part of my cycle(mucous in the cervix is almost white and doesnt seem that stretchy).We did not have penetrative intercourse,but he ejaculated on me,and no semen went on my vagina.Today he fingered me, but I am not sure if he had touched himself first.Given our age,and the fact that no penetration took place,do you think I was too hasty taking the pill?And what side effects should I expect?Will it interrupt my normal menstrual cycle?
The chances of pregnancy would have been low. The emergency pill can disrupt your cycle.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Refresher: Covid-19 vs flu vs allergies – how to tell the difference
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Link between Covid-19 and Alzheimer's-like brain impairment identified
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Does coffee burn more fat during exercise? What the evidence tells us
- If I stopped state capture evidence, we could have been sued - Zondo pleads for another 3 months
- Digital Vibes scored R35m before health dept even approved their work, committee hears
- Chris Roper | Tembisa 10: Corruption flourishes if trust in the media is broken
- Facing arrest and jail time for contempt, Hlophe’s attorney Xulu turns to him for help
- Sifiso Skenjana | An inconvenient youth: Yes, we can stop failing SA's next generation
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9520 votes
69% - 20870 votes