Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Apr 2006
not ovulating post D&C
I had a D&C on 26 Jan after a blighted ovum was diagnosed at my routine 12w ultrasound. I have since had 2 periods- 28d post D&C and then 27d after that. I have been spotting almost every day since the D&C but without discharge, odour, pain etc. I've been checked by my GP who thinks all looks fine. I have been charting my temperatures for several years now and have always had a very regular cycle with easy to detect ovulation. Since the D&C though, despite the return of my period, I haven't had the typical temperature changes and mucous I'd expect with ovulation and my LH strips (done all 3 months from D10-D17) have been negative. The first month post D&C was terribly difficult but I wouldn't consider myself stressed now and am quite relaxed generally (despite this email maybe sounding paranoid and obsessed with getting pregnant!). Is this something that will just take time or should I be taking something to kickstart things? I am 32 and trying for our 1st baby. My husband has major semen issues, so I feel like each month I'm not ovulating is a real loss. Thanks.
It is not uncommon to take a couple of months after a missed abortion before you resume ovulating and a normal cycle.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Cricket SA crisis not over yet? Sascoc v Sports Minister could reopen battles over constitution
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20244 votes