Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jul 2005
I get a migraine once a year, strange but true. I know it's coming on when my vision goes funny and I start to loose feeling in my first left hand then it moves up through my body. I then drink Migril, which takes a while but alleviates the pain. Last week the lucky day arrived and I felt what I thought was the symptoms I usually get, but was dizzy as well. I drank the Migril and about 15 mins later was in the toilet vomitting for 25 mins. What could have caused this as I have used it before and never had this reaction, is it possible that my body could reject things bad for me should I be pregnant? I've had a spot 2 weeks ago but started my period yesterday. I feel strangely different but it could be wishful thinking, how effective is the hpt when on the pill? Any advice would be appreciated.
If you are pregnant, the home test will show positive even if you are on the Pill. I don't think that the vomiting means that you are pregnant. It is a common feature of migraine.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes