Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Mar 2004
one tube blocked & cyst again
one of my tube is blocked and during the laproscopy, one cyst outside the tube has been removed. i was planning to go for ivf this month and today is my first day of period and during the scan it has been found two more cyst like some thingnear by the ovary. dr has postponed the ivf and asked me to weight for next period.
i am diagonised with Pcos and taking metformin for 5 months . and insulin level has not come down much after taking the
dr i am very depressed what are my chances of having a babby throgh ivf.dr is planning to give 8amp gonl. my response is poor.aftergiving 5amp only 8eggs were there last time.
pls guide me
I can't really predict what your chances of success are. Overall, the success rate with IVF is 20-30% but there are lots of individual factors which will influence this. The best person to give you an idea, is your doctor who knows all your details.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19957 votes