Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Sep 2009
During the end of July I had an ovarian cyst operation. And this week my Gynae told me I have a Fibroid and I need to remove it after 2months.Because it might cause my pregnancy to be painful if I’ m going to be. Is there a way to treat it than have another operation?
Unfortunately fibroids can only be treated surgically. If the fibroid is not too big and does not cause any symptoms, it may not be necessary to do anything at this stage though.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19957 votes