Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2005
out of whack cycles !!
hi there, i need to find something out please. I was on the birth control injection: nuristerate for about 6 years, and the reason i changed over to the pill was because my cycle became longer and longer. it would last more that 5-7 days, and my gp at the time said that this was a common thing and that i should try the pill which i duly did. at first it worked like a dream and my cycle was on time every time. lasting about 4days with extreme heavy flow in the begining and drying up towards the end. but that changed and my cycle would start a day early and last a whole seven days, which is annoying. this month however everything went haywire !!! i had my cycle in the begining of the month as per normal, skipped a week and then had another cycle again !!!! and i am due for the next cycle in the first week of next month. is this normal, and will this continue?
I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist to see why this has happened. There could be a problem with the uterus or cervix.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- OPINION | Bavuma captaincy might be a gamble, but it's one worth taking
- Covid-19: Govt says new variants are inevitable, but hopes they will be less ‘lethal’
- John Matisonn | Biden’s doctrine: Speak softly, do a lot
- Covid-19: 100 000 healthcare workers vaccinated so far
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19423 votes