Ask an expert

26 Jul 2005

I am 46 yrs and had some blood test as part of annual gynea check-up. The CA125 level was 36.5 and I have been having pain in the lower abdomen on the right. My periods have been irregular. Actually I have not had a period for 3 months now. My doctor says its an ovarian cyst mesuring 2cm, and has suggested surgery. I am concerned about this. Is it possble this is cancerous? What other treatment options can we explore?. I am no more into baby-making. All other tests like papsmear, thyroid, bone density mamogram were fine.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Answer 558 views

01 Jan 0001

A 2 cm cyst is quite small. Different labs have different references ranges so I am not sure whether your CA125 is raised or not. A raised level could indicate cancer.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes