Ask an expert

19 Feb 2004

ovarian cysts and blocked tube
A while ago i had been having discomfort in my stomach and it was starting to be like i was pregnant though i was not and always having terrible period pains before and when menstruating so i decided to go to the doctor who referred me to a radiologist intead of a gynae sometime ago and then made a ultrasound and gave a report that i had a blighted ovum and a possible D& c might be needed. I then went to see a Gynae who also made a scan and told me i had an ovarian cystsand was suffering from endeometriosis. i was hospitalised and had a D&C and a laprascope, i also had a pap smear and the results were fine, he told me afterwards that he removed the cysts and one of my tubes was blocked but now ok after the operation but he also told me that he is not sure if i will be able to fall pregnant since chances are very slim. I am 28yrs and want to have a baby now, im very worried that i might end up not able to have children of my own please advice.
Answer 381 views

01 Jan 0001

You will really just have to try for a pregnancy and see what happens. If you do not fall pregnant within a year, then you may need further treatment. This might involve surgery for the blocked tube and treatment of the endometriosis.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes