Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Mar 2007
Ovarian cysts and Postoval
G'day, I am 29 yrs old. just recently had laparotomy to have cyst removed as well as endometriosis. went of the pill 2 yrs ago & since then have had period every 2 weeks. dr said that all is well after surgery but month later went back to 2 weeks. she said that the pill caused the lining of my womb to become very thin which caused bleading. she then put me on postoval for 3 months. the 2nd month was hassel free, but period started in the middle of the 3 packet. i have since stopped taking postoval. am unable to reach dr as she is 4 hours away. am due for my yearly check up and hope there aren't any cysts. would love to have kids. should i keep taking the postoval or do you reccommend something else?
Thanks for your time
Thanks for your time
Your situation is complicated. Your doctor knows all your detaiuls. I would suggest that you discuss it with her.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Attacks on our constitutional democracy: 4 strategies that are being used
- ANALYSIS | SA Rugby's very real financial concerns ahead of 2021 international season
- AfriForum and NSFAS at loggerheads over defunding of students
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19941 votes