Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Jan 2004
Ovary Cyst medication causing water retention.
Hi, My Gunae put me on Primolut N and Vioxx for 5 days to shrink an Ovarian Cyst, After being on it for one full day my feet were swollen by the end of the day, when I woke up in the middle of the night my hands were swollen too. Today is the second day, they still dont feel normal, but are better (maybe its the Vioxx I took with breakfast.) Is this normal ? and what can I do to feel better while im on this medication ? A colegue suggested drinking lots of water... will that not cause it to get worse ?????? I also have my feet on my desk for the day.
Primolut can cause water retention. If you are only taking a 5 day course, I would suggest that you just put up with it for that time. Drinking water wouldn't really make a difference.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19428 votes