Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jan 2004
I had my period last on the 11th January 2004. I am trying to fall pregnant and work out when i ovulate. I know a person ovulates 14days before the start of the next period which takes that to 30th January, day 20 of my cycle. Although last night when i got home from work i was checking my cervical mucusand it looked like that raw egg white although it was a bit discoloured. Was this ovulation or just normal mucus, isnt it too early to ovulate?
I assume that you have a 34 day cycle. Working out the time of ovulation gives an average. You do not necessarily ovulate at the same time every month. If you use the cervical mucus method, you should really chcek the mucus every day from about Day 10 and look for a change. It is possible that the change you noticed indicates ovulation on Day 12, so have intercourse now but continue to monitor the mucus.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Ofentse Mokwena | Time to revisit the levy that is fuelling motorists' ire
- Jabulani Sikhakhane | Political greed is the biggest fire to put out
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes