Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Mar 2004
Ovulation and Pregnancy??
I went for a scan on 5th March and the gyne said that it looked like a follicle was developing in my ovary. We had sex on the 6th and i went for another scan today the 9th and there is no follicle. Do you think that i had sex at the right time and how long will sperm survive, so if i ovulated on the 8th, could i be pregnant?
It sounds like you had sex at the right time. Sperm last about 72 hours on average.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- OBITUARY | Karima Brown: 'A fearless commitment to having necessary conversations'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- SME banker Sasfin's earnings plunge two-thirds as bad debt provision almost triples
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19394 votes