Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jul 2005
I had a MC on the 30.04.2005 & went for a D & C on the 01.05.05 and my next period started on the 30.05.2005. I found out on the 28.06.05 that I was pregnant and went for my first scan on the 05.07.2005 and my second scan on the 19.07.05. The gynie asked me when was the first day of my lat period and he calculated from the 30.05.05 to that date and according to his caluculations I should be 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant but when he did the scan the scan said that I was exactly 6 weeks & 1 day pregnant. The gynie told me that the development of the fetus from the previous scan to this scan is normal but that's all he told me. Is it possible that I ovulated a week later than the normal 14 days or what could possible be the explanation for the 1 week diffirence in the gynie's calculation and the scan? I'm a little worried and would like some advice please!!!!
It is perfectly possible that you ovulated a week later than usual. I would suggest you go with the scan dates.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes