Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Feb 2004
Ovulation - funny smell?
I have been trying to fall pregnant for the about 6 months now, I have been off "the pill" for about 2 years now. I have regular cycles and should in theory have my ovulation period from 11 to 15th day, I am now on day 14 and since yesterday I have this funny smell, almost as if i'm smelling the serum all day, is this normal? Is it the ovulation I'm smelling, or is it the serum coming out of me? I've never experienced this smell before. Could this mean that I did not ovulate before?
I am not sure what you mean by serum. What often happens is that if you concentrate on looking for ovulation and mucus changes, you notice things which have always been there but which you have not noticed before because you have not been concentrating so hard. I would suggest that you see what happens in the next few days. If the small persists, you may have to consult a doctor. A smell would not indicate either ovulation or pregnancy.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes