Ask an expert

20 Nov 2005

Pain during intercourse
I have recently begun experiencing an intense burning sensation during intercourse with my husband. It's as if my insides are burning. The pain begins with penetration and continues even afterwards. And this is regardless of the amount of lubrication cos we are both lubricated very well. My husband also feels some burning on his penis afterwards. I thought I may be bruised inside so we didn't have sex for a week but when we did it again, the pain was still there. What could be the problem? Do we need to see a doctor?
Answer 337 views

01 Jan 0001

You might have an infection. You should see your doctor.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.