Ask an expert

23 Jan 2004

Pain in hands.
Dear CyderDoc
My wife experiences severe pain in exactly the same specific area on both hands.
I shall try to descibe the area :-
At the end of one's wrist (begining of one's hand, on the palm side) is a bony knob (sort of almost resembling a small ankle).
The pain stretches from this little knob to the first joint on her thumbs (Joint at which the thumb protrudes from the hand).
She is 40 years old.
Any idea what this may be and how it could be remedied?
Thanx for your advice and time, Doc.
Answer 352 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to send this question to CyberDoc.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19351 votes