Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Jun 2011
Pain on right side
I am a 30 year old female, who is not pregnant, but not on the pill. I have had a strange pain on my lower right side for a while, it used to come and go, but it has been persistent since yesterday. It''s a dull pain, near my right ovary area, which increases when I urinate, I also seemed to be urinating more frequently yesterday. The pain is tolerable most of the time, however there were a few moments yesterday where the pain increased for no apparent reason, to a point where I couldn''t tolerate the pain. My gynae can only see me in a months time, should I wait for him or go and see my GP? I had a cyst removed last year and the pain feels similar to the pain I experienced with the cyst, apart from the added discomfort when urinating (it is also definitely not my bladder, as it only hurts on my far lower right side) What could be wrong? Please help!
See your GP. It could be a bladder infection, but you would need an examination and further tests to make a diagnosis.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
- What have rooibos farmers done wrong to still have no control over prices? - Former council chair
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19965 votes