Ask an expert

01 Jun 2011

Pain on right side
I am a 30 year old female, who is not pregnant, but not on the pill. I have had a strange pain on my lower right side for a while, it used to come and go, but it has been persistent since yesterday. It''s a dull pain, near my right ovary area, which increases when I urinate, I also seemed to be urinating more frequently yesterday. The pain is tolerable most of the time, however there were a few moments yesterday where the pain increased for no apparent reason, to a point where I couldn''t tolerate the pain. My gynae can only see me in a months time, should I wait for him or go and see my GP? I had a cyst removed last year and the pain feels similar to the pain I experienced with the cyst, apart from the added discomfort when urinating (it is also definitely not my bladder, as it only hurts on my far lower right side) What could be wrong? Please help!
Answer 354 views

01 Jan 0001

See your GP. It could be a bladder infection, but you would need an examination and further tests to make a diagnosis.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19965 votes