Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Mar 2003
I would like to know what causes love-making to be painful. I have been expierencing this now for the past three weeks. Everytime my husband and I make love, it is very painfull for me and my virgina itches. Please tell me the cause of this and what can I take to prevent it.
There are many causes of painful sex. If it has been completely normal before, the most likely cause is an infection. The itching also suggests this. I would suggest that yu see a doctor to check this and give you the appropriate treatment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20209 votes