Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Feb 2004
Please tell me when I can go do a blood test to determine whether I might be pregnant. My period is due on Monday, 16/2/04. I know I am over-keen, but it's just that we've been trying so long now. This month however, I have been noticing severe pains in my breast, nausea ever since ovulation (I know this is early, but it is getting worse and worse), and lately I am so sleepy, go home in the afternoons and sleep till late at night, get up, eat, bath and then I'm tired again. But what is worrying is that the last couple of days I have felt a bit of pain in my lower abdomen. When will a blood test be able to tell me if I am or not?
It would be best to wait till Monday to do the blood test. It is possible that ti might be positive by now but, if it is negative, you would have to repeat it anyway.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Do we really need to walk 10 000 steps a day?
- Over half of adults unvaccinated for Covid-19 fear needles – here’s what’s proven to help
- Many of us overestimate our exercise levels – here’s how to calculate how much you really do
- How forensic experts used genetic genealogy to help solve a grisly double murder - 16 years later
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Never-ending story: Zondo Commission to seek another extension – but will govt pay for it?
- SA Post Office has a new business plan, but admits losing Postbank will hurt
- Sihle Zikalala calls on the ANCYL task team to focus on SA's 'three pandemics'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20840 votes