Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Feb 2004
Please tell me when I can go do a blood test to determine whether I might be pregnant. My period is due on Monday, 16/2/04. I know I am over-keen, but it's just that we've been trying so long now. This month however, I have been noticing severe pains in my breast, nausea ever since ovulation (I know this is early, but it is getting worse and worse), and lately I am so sleepy, go home in the afternoons and sleep till late at night, get up, eat, bath and then I'm tired again. But what is worrying is that the last couple of days I have felt a bit of pain in my lower abdomen. When will a blood test be able to tell me if I am or not?
It would be best to wait till Monday to do the blood test. It is possible that ti might be positive by now but, if it is negative, you would have to repeat it anyway.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
- No guarantees load shedding will stop on Tuesday as Eskom returns power to some units
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes