Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Jan 2004
I am 23 and have never done a pap smear and i hear that a woman should atlist do it once in a year or two. I have itches in my viganal area witch also cause little sores in there. If i go for pap smear will i be cured of these things in my vagina or do i really have to go to the clinic and get antibiotics?
A pap smear is done to screen for cancer of the cervix. What you describe sounds like an infection. You should go to the clinic to find out what the problem is and a pap smear can be done at the same time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
- Is R2.7 billion for SAA subsidiaries enough or will taxpayers have to cough up more, parly asks
- Covid-19: Mkhize cracks whip ahead of Phase 2 vaccinations
- Spike in carjackings, home robberies evident citizens not safe in their most personal spaces
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20298 votes