Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Jul 2006
I feel rather pertubed today - I went to my gynea on 20.8.2006 for a papsmear and as I have not heard from them todate phoned, only to be told that I have to go back in 3 months time for another smear due to a very minor abnormality. I asked the gynea why nobody has phoned me and told me this and he said that it is up to me to phone them to get the results? So in other words, if I did not phone, assuming that all was fine as I have not heard from them, I would not have known about the followup in 3 months time? What if it turns into something serious? Surely it is the doctor's duty to inform his patient of the need for a follow-up when the results of a smear shows a "minor abnormality"? Or am I wrong?
I agree that your doctor should have informed you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes