Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2004
i've just been diagnosed with pcos and my doc has prescribed me with glucophage to decrease my insulin levels. i've been off the pill for 11 mths and trying to fall pregnant. will this assist in me falling pregnant and what elkse can i do to solve this. is there a specific diet plan that i should be following?
Glucophage sometimes solves ovulation problems without any additional treatment. The thing to do is to check whether you are ovulating now. If not, further treatment may be needed. The diet to follow would be similar to a diabetic diet. DietDoc can help you with this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Siya Khumalo | Local government elections: Is Sol-Tech calling everyone's bluff?
- Comedian Nik Rabinowitz fills us in on how he got through lockdown and tried to stay sane
- With loadshedding the new norm, we look at what Eskom is doing to make sure it keeps the power on
- Vaccinated breastfeeding mothers may pass on Covid-19 antibodies to their babies
- A Maserati MPV? The Buran was exactly that
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes