Ask an expert

19 Dec 2004

PCOS? Luteal phase deficiency? Anticardiolipin syndrome?<br>
Dear GynaeDoc
Thanks for your response. My Gynae recommended the Glucophage as although I don't have Diabetes, my insulin levels are higher than normal. I was also told to use the Staminagro as my Human Growth Hormone levels were also a bit low.
In your previous response regarding all my miscarriages, you asked if I had been tested for PCOS, Luteal Phase Deficiency and Anticardiolipin Syndrome, I don't know what any of these things are, please could you explain and also tell me what is involved in having these tests done. Can I request that my Gynae does these tests? I was also thinking of requesting Genetic compatibility testing for my hubbie and I as I heard that this is, although extremely rare is also a possibility.

Thanks again.
Answer 399 views

01 Jan 0001

Most of these are blood tests. It is beyond the scope of this forum to give you details on all of these. There is information on PCOS in the archives and I would suggest that you do an internet search for information on the others. Your gynae can do these tests. Chromosome testing on you and your husband could also be done though, as you say, this would be a rare case.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.