Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Mar 2007
My menstrual cycle started on 12 march 07 and normally it would be heavy/moderate for 3 and a half days and then dwindles down to spotting for the next 3 days. BUT by the afternoon of the 13th it stopped completely, not even spotting, when at that point it should have still been very heavy. I could just ignore this, but I have a strange bloated feeling in my pelvic and abdominal area and when I removed the last tampon I used on the 13th I felt an instant cramp in the pelvic area - almost like a bad period cramp. I'm worried about this and would really appreciate some feedback as I am uunable to see a gynae in the town I live without having to wait 2+ months for an appointment. I am using minulette birth control pills.
You don't say how long you have been using Minulette, but this can make periods much lighter can can also cause boating.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
- ANC ward meeting marred by pandemonium and violence as pangas fly
- Some members of committee tasked with re-establishing ANC youth wing tainted, warns analyst
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9427 votes
68% - 19893 votes