Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Aug 2008
Period gone weird since using Loette, PLEASE HELP!
Hi. I am 20 years old and currently using Loette as an oral contraceptive. I started using it last month on Day 7 of my cycle, after I had finished menstruating. I couldnt wait till day 1 of my cycle as I am on Roaccutane and pregnancy is therefore a no-no. A weird thing happened though, I had brownish bleeding for a few days, round about day 14 of my cycle. Didnt think anything of it, thought it was " spotting" . When taking the white, inactive pills on day 21-28, I only experienced a very light period. However, I am now on day 10 of my cycle and have experienced a very heavy period since this morning? What could be the cause? I am scared that I could be pregnant. I did have sex 3 months ago and the condom broke, however I took emergency contraception and havent missed a period since. I havent had sex during the past two months. PLEASE HELP!!
I think that this is all the result of starting the Pill when you did. It can take a couple of months for your body to adjust to it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- 'Illegitimate' royal council plans to loot Balobedu funds, ANC MP Mathole Motshekga claims
- Adriaan Basson | Tata ma chance, tata ma Covid-19 vaccines
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20312 votes