Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Feb 2004
I have been having awful period pains for the past 6 years (ever since i got my periods) on the first day of my period i vomit continually for 6 hours usually and anything i eat or drink, including a sip of water is automatically thrown up, i get fevers, headspins and i am in so much pain and nausea that i cant decide if i want to lie down or stand up, one of my doctors has prescribed me the painkiller tramal (tramadine) which is taken as a capsule or injected, this does help alot but using this too much will make my body immune to strong painkillers, can anyone give me any suggestions could i have endometreosis?
If the symptoms last for the first 24 hours and then get better, this is probably te common sort of epriod pains that many women have. The oral contraceptive often helps. If you do not wish to try this, you could use Ponstan with your periods. This inhibits the release of the prostaglandins which cause period pains and there is no harm in taking it as you will only be taking it for a day or two every month.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- FACT CHECK | eNCA's Lindsay Dentlinger: We analysed the video that caused racist outcry - and 24 other interviews
- Coronavirus will be with us for some time, Ramaphosa tells traditional leaders
- SAA like trying to unscramble an egg, Denel basically looted, Parliament hears
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19401 votes