Ask an expert

20 Apr 2006

period pains
i suffer from severe painful period pains, i need anything reasonable that i can take to sooth them. i don't have a med aid 2 go 2 da prof. I've taken mefenemic acid, ibrufen, nurofen, panado, grandpa, and the likes but they're no longer working. everything that i take works only for 2 months then i must get something strong. i've been suffering from these pains since i was 18 years old, when i was 23yrs old i had an abortion(5weeks preg) and now i'm 25years old.
Answer 362 views

01 Jan 0001

Perhaps you should see a gynaecologist to see if there is a problem.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes