Ask an expert

27 Feb 2004

period pains /heavy bleeding

Dear Doc

plse can u explain if one is still a virgin and u are bleeding
heavy 2 a month (pieces coming down) r u suppose to see
a ganea? how do they examine?


Answer 333 views

01 Jan 0001

If you have only been having periods for a short while, it is probably a hormonal problem and you could take the Pill for six months. If you are older, it is a good idea to see a gynaecologist. If you are a virgin, a scan can be done to check that the pelvic organs are normal.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.