Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
07 Oct 2009
periods and bladder infection
Hi doc, please help me understand my periods were about 2 weeks late in Sept, it came on the 16th only for 3 days instead of 5 days and then after 13 days (Friday) I started seeing a discharge with blood it became periods with pains from Sunday. I went to see the dr that same Friday who said I have a bladder infection and gave me antibiotics and he said there is nothing wrong with my womb but my bladder. What could be the problem with my periods then? My cycle is about 26/27 days and I' ve been getting pains on the sides of my lower abdomen.
Thanx in advance.
Thanx in advance.
I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. You could have a womb infection or a hormone imbalance or some other problem with the womb.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- 'I've seen the worst of Aids, TB, but nothing compares to Covid' - a community health worker's story
- Some patients experience post-traumatic stress disorder after severe Covid-19
- New study shows how speaking while infected with Covid-19 can potentially spread the virus
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- A woman died not long after getting Covid-19 from transplanted lungs
- The ANC may need to destroy itself to rid SA of state capture, analyst says
- EXPLAINED | Unfit to stand trial insight amid furore over anti-lockdown protester
- OPINION | National Minimum Wage - even more of a tightrope walk after Covid-19
- Adriaan Basson | The people of Gqeberha deserve more than a new name from the ANC
- More booze, bigger gatherings allowed as South Africa moves to alert Level 1
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19339 votes