Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Aug 2007
Hi DOC i 've been using NORDETTE for a month now(first time user) and using condoms at the same time .when can I stop using condoms ?? is there any chance of falling pregnant while using pills CORRECTLY ??AND is there particular medication that interferes with the pill ?I 'M a first time user and I've been using condoms ever since ,I dont want to make mistakes .I NEED ALL THE INFO I CAN GET .REPLY FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
You are safe after 7 active Pills. The Pill is more than 99% safe if used correctly. There are a number of medications, such as antibiotics, which can interfere with the Pill. It is best to check each time you are prescribed a medication. Vomiting and diarrhoea can also interfere with the absorption of the Pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19414 votes