Ask an expert

21 Jan 2004

poly cystic ovarian syndrome
I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have received conflicting advice on treatment from the pill to diabetic medication to operations to 'there is nothing you can do'. I would appreciate some direction.
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

It depends what your symptoms are. If you have irregular periods, then the Pill is needed. If you are overweight or have high insulin levels, then Glucophage is necessary. The treatment has to be individualised to the problems of the specific person. If you have not seen a gynaecologist, it would be a good idea to do so.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19320 votes