Ask an expert

27 Jan 2004

I had a laparoscopy in January 2001. My gynae informed me that I have/had endometriosis. For more than three years I am struggling to fall pregnant. I tried clomid twice last year but I had no luck. I went to another gynae and he did a series of test which my previous gynae never did. He also told me that my womb sits at the back and I am struggling to understand what he meant by it. Can you explain that to me? He also informed me that I am producing "healthy" eggs after he did a blood test. I was given Clomid again which I refuse to take as I know it will not be successful. I am suppose to undergo another laparoscopy next month but I am just wondering if it is really necessary. What will my gynae acclompish and is it really successful? I have lost all hope of falling pregnant and I have come to a stage where I know everything I attempt is hopeless. I have taken my mind now completely off it as my marriage was almost broken up last year because of it. What other non-surgical method can I try as I cannot afford fertility treatment? I am 27yrs old. Thanks a lot for your in put.
Answer 340 views

01 Jan 0001

Most women have a womb that is slightly tilted towards the front. In some women the womb is more tilted towards the back. This on its own is not a problem, but, combined with the endometriosis may be contributing to your infertility. You don't say what treatment you have been given for the endometriosis. This would be the course to follow, as it is likely that the endometriosis is the main reason for your infertility. It would also be important to know whether this has caused damage to your tubes or not.
There are medications that can be used to treat endometriosis. Whether it is treated medically or surgically depends a bit on the extent and where exactly in the pelvis the endometriosis is. I would suggest that you clarify all these issues with yur gynaecologist.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.