Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Feb 2004
Ek is 30 jaar oud wil graag swanger word en is al 2 jaar van die pil af. Ons het verlede jaar 3 maande probeer, maar niks het gebeur nie. Ek sal graag wil weet hoe ek kan seker wees dat ek wel ovuleer. Ek het gehoor jy kry 'n apparaat te koop by apteke om te toets of jy wel ovuleer. Is dit so en hoe werk dit? Dis seker 'n simpel vraag - as ek 2 jaar van die pil af is en my vrouedele is alles reg (soos die ginekoloog 1 jaar gelede gesê het) en ons het onbeskermende seks, dan moet ek mos kan swanger raak. Hoekom gebeur dit dan nie?
If you have not fallen pregnant in two years of unprotected intercourse, I would suggest that you consult a fertility expert. Even though the female organs mey feel normal on examination, you may not be ovulating, your tubes may be blocked or your husband may have a low sperm count. I don't think you should bother with ovualtion detectors at this stage but rather find out exactly what the problem is.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19385 votes