Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

Pregnancy after tubaliligation
Hey doc,

2 years ago i had this surgery when i was giving birth to my daughter - now obviously i would like to know if there is a way to reverse it cos i want one more baby. I would like to know where to start in terms of reversing the procedure - the gynae that performed my surgety at the timei have been told has gone to Saudi Arabia. Please advise me!
Answer 305 views

01 Jan 0001

Depending on the type of sterilisation that was done, the success rate with reversal ranges from 5-30%. You should start off by seeing a new gynaecologist.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes