Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Jan 2004
PREGNANT AND UNDER WEIGHT
Im 13 weeks pregnant and weigh 48kg and worried that ill have have anuhealthy baby since i fell pregnant i lost my apetite and try to have all the suppliments and take mutly vit and folic acid and formance..I try to force myself to eat but I dont gain any wait and my app does not improve.. pls advise me..on what to do..
There is a higher chance of the baby not growing properly if you are vey underweight. If you do not feel like eating, try supplements like Build up. Your doctor should also monitor the baby's growth very carefully.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Brian Molefe: Approving my pension was a mistake
- Why healthcare staff working in clinics are being turned away from vaccination sites in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes