Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
31 Jul 2006
Pregnant or not?
Hi guys. I know it is best to wait till you can do a home pregnancy test, but I have been having these symptoms and need to know if I might be pregnant. I had my last period on 9 July and have a 26 day cycle. My breasts have been very sore since last week and last night I had stomach cramps and this morning when I went to the toilet, I saw some pink discharge when I wiped. It wasn't too much and there's been nothing ever since. Also I am very tired lately and very nauseous. I also have very acute sense of smell and can even smell plastic cables - very weird I know. My period is due on Thursday and I'm very regular. Your input would be highly appreciated.
It is possible that the spotting was an implantation bleed, but it is too early for symptoms of pregnancy. I would suggest that you wait and see if your period starts on Thursday and do a pregnancy test if it does not.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
- Operation 'Catch-up' for Bok flanks Kolisi, Du Toit ... and will they square up?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes