Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Mar 2004
Pregnany Test - Negative No Period
Hi, i did a home preg test, which came back negative. My last perdio started on the 28th Jan, i'm on a 30/31 day cycle. Is still too soon to test positive, when should i re-do the test? What is the effectiveness of the home preg tests at this early stage. I would imagine i'm about 5 weeks preg... Right?
It may have been a bit early for the test to be positive. Repeat it in 2-3 days or do a blood test to have a more accurate result.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Many of us overestimate our exercise levels – here’s how to calculate how much you really do
- Over half of adults unvaccinated for Covid-19 fear needles – here’s what’s proven to help
- Some people would rather endure physical pain than having to think too hard, study reveals
- Covid-19 may create hearing and balance disorders, new study shows
- Encouraging study shows Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine protective against variants, including Beta in SA
- Tembisa 10: As parents clash over birth, Independent Media says Rampedi 'only one who can comment'
- Mabuza explains why failing municipalities 'cannot continuously be blamed on apartheid'
- Desperate KwaSizabantu member turned to abusive dad for help to escape mission
- PICS | ANC financial woes: Staffers reject looming retrenchments
- ANALYSIS | Bulls providing SA clues for the Europe adventure is a poor train of thought
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9518 votes
69% - 20819 votes