Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Feb 2004
Prolonged bleeding after miscarriage
I had a miscarriage on 4th Feb, D&C on 6th Feb. I am still bleeding - different strenghts and coloured blood everyday. i.e. Dark brown to light pink blood. This has been going on now for 18 days - surely this is not right anymore. I accepted that I would bleed, but everyone I've spoken to has said I should have stopped by now. How long is normal?
The bleeding should get less and less over a few weeks. If it is not, you should go back to your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes