Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Jul 2005
Q for Doc!! Please help
My girlfriend used the emergency contraceptive around the 20th of June. We took a home pregnancy test yesterday the 10th July which tested positive. She says that for the last week she has been getting period like cramps, but her period has not started yet. Is she pregnant or is the emergency playing havoc? Please help!
The emergency pill would not give a positive pregnancy test. I would suggest that she has a blood test to check.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes