Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Mar 2004
Recommend triple T test? Why do dr&#39;s insist?
I am according to my LMP 13 weeks pregnant but according to the last dr's scan I am only 12 wks. I have beed advised to go for the downs tests on the 2/4. I feel that the date on which the test will be done will be out. I believe that it is to be done during week 16 but I should by that stage already be in week 17. I am very afriad that the test will come back with a high risk factor despite the fact that I am 28yrs old. I just feel that it tok me a long time to fall pregnant that I don't want to jeopodise the baby by having an amnio or even thinking of aborting. Please help!!!!
If the difference between your dates and the scan is more than 4 days, the scan is usually taken as more accurate. This is influenced by the length of your cycle, timing of ovulation, etc.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- ANALYSIS | Andre de Ruyter accused of SA’s irredeemable sin as he shuts down Eskom patronage networks
- Karyn Maughan | Hard to say I’m sorry: Mogoeng's apology ruling demands putting duty before faith
- Shelved? aQuellé back on shelves despite continuing probes into KwaSizabantu
- Mbalula's comments indicate the ANC is far from united in bid to oust Public Protector
- Adriaan Basson | Trial by social media - the tragic Lindsay Dentlinger story
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19440 votes