Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Aug 2007
Rectal pain during period
I've been experiencing intense stabbing pains in my rectum for the past 6 months, during the 1st 2 days of my period. It is normally more intense at night and I wake up from the pain. I started using KY jelly with the tampons, in case it was due to dryness. I also stopped using tampons at night, but to no avail. What can be causing this? Should I make an appointment with a gynaecologist?
It could be that you have a retroverted uterus or endometriosis. Both of these could cause this. It would be a good idea to see your gynaecologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Covid-19: Govt scrambles as third wave looms
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes