Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Mar 2004
Shooting pains! Plz help!
Occassionaly I get shooting pains up my vagina & into my womb for no apparent reason. It is so painful that I feel my legs are paralysed. Its like someone is cutting me open from the inside out. I have been for a pap smear which came back normal (Even though I had vaginal warts 5 years ago and I am supposed to have HPV) I have never had a reaccurance though. I have been on the pill since I was 14 (I am now 23). What is the problem? Why do I get these pains?
I cannot tell from this side of the screen. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist for a full history and examination.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- Some people in the US will take the Covid-19 vaccine if they're paid for it – but is this ethical?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
- Is R2.7 billion for SAA subsidiaries enough or will taxpayers have to cough up more, parly asks
- Covid-19: Mkhize cracks whip ahead of Phase 2 vaccinations
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20299 votes