Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Feb 2009
should I be concerned
hi there. I just found out that I am pregnant. I am currently overseas for a few months, I did see a gynae, they did an ultrasound but not an internal one. According to him he says it liiks like I am 7 weeks, but we just saw a sac and no heartbeat. He says that could be beacuse I may be a bit earlier than 7 weeks, I cant remember the last time that I had my period, I think it was in Nov last year, I am very irregular and dont get my period some months. Should I be concerned that I did not see a hearbeat, I thought that you could from 5 weeks. He says i should go back in 2 weeks, Im just a bit worried.
If your periods are irregular, you may be earlier than you think. See what the scan shows in 2 weeks. You will not see a heartbeat at 5 weeks with an external scan.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- Risk of blood clots due to Covid-19 much higher compared to risk associated with vaccine - experts
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- ‘It was a lot’ – Professor Karim tells us why he’s leaving us
- US wants to be global leader in ensuring vaccine access, its SA representative says
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- Storming Stravino always wanted to be a Bull: 'WP's wingers get lost too often'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9464 votes
68% - 20201 votes