Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Mar 2004
side effects of contraceptive pill
I've been taking Mirelle for about a week now. it makes me tearful but other than that it's (side effects of Mirrelle), for me, are fine. But at the same time I've been severely depressed for about 3 days, to the point where I cannot function. Can this be due to the Pill? I'm also taking Cilift at the same time.
It is possible that your depression is due to the Pill but, if you are depressed anyway, it will be hard to tell what the exact cause is. The Pill is known to make depression worse sometimes.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
- EXPLAINER | Why SAA receivership doesn't need to be solvent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes