Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Jun 2010
smoking and just fell pregnant
Hi, I am desperately trying to stop smoking as I found out that I am pregnant. I am at my ends wit and need some guidance as to how I can break this 12 year habit soon. I have cut down to half the amount I used to smoke, but now, all I can do is think about smoking, and I need to quit. Should I just go cold turkey, and how do I resist the temptation. I am terrified of causing my baby harm!
Most people find it easier to cut down over a few weeks. Programs like Smokeneders may help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9477 votes
68% - 20349 votes