Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jan 2004
something fishy... and miserable
I have for the past three to four years been having the badly fishy smelly discharge. I've been to gynae who at first prescribed a betadine douche which i used and did the trick however shortly after completing the bottle it went back to smelly again- I've also been on some antibiotics- and again back to same ol. I've purchased a medaspoor cream which I inserted thereafter it's back again- The discharge sometimes is very light yellowish however most of the time smooth white and the smell persist. I've read in a home remedy book to try 10ml plain white vinegar and approx 600ml water for douching, that also does not help- I'll feel I could be doing more harm this way- i sometimes experience a slight itch. My husband is not very impressed with the situation. Kindly assist as i'm becoming desperate.
The quickest way to sort this out is to know exactly what the cause of the discharge is. You can do this by asking your doctor to take a swab and send it to the laboratory. Then you will know what you are treating.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes