Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Nov 2004
I'm 27 weeks pregnant and feel like my ribs are broken. They're ok during the day but at night I can only sleep on my right side because of the pain in my ribs on the left. Yesterday I felt it on my right as well. Has anyone experienced something similar? Should I worry?
You had better have it checked by your doctor. Chest pain is not normal in pregnancy and could be an indication of an underlying problem.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- OBITUARY | Karima Brown: 'A fearless commitment to having necessary conversations'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- SME banker Sasfin's earnings plunge two-thirds as bad debt provision almost triples
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19394 votes