Ask an expert

26 Oct 2009

Soreness and tightness
Hello, hope you are well. I' ve had a problem for quite some time. I' m very tight and my husband battles to enter me. As a result, sex is always always painful. It sometimes stings and burns. Afterwards, I get a bit itchy on the outside (I use a gel- Femagene- to sooth it but it burns when I do). I tend to be very prone to yeast infections (I battle with them at least twice a month) and I' m sure that has something to do with the pain and all that. However, I' ll only have enough money to visit a gynae in a few months. What can I do in the meantime to help with everything? I don' t know why I get so itchy after sex, and I don' t know how to get rid of the tightness (even when I' m very wet it still stings and burns).
Answer 481 views

01 Jan 0001

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. The 'tightness" may be due to tensing of the muscles on your part and you would have to learn to relax to prevent this. You could also try KY jely.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9426 votes
68% - 19886 votes